Thread: Think and Grow Rich Part Three

• Show Printable Version
    • Email this Page…
    • Subscribe to this Thread…
  • Display
    JoeSorge
    I'm here to push you!

Think and Grow Rich Part Three

In part three we'll review Chapters Twelve through Fifteen and finish this classic.
    And hopefully reveal "the secret".

Chapter Twelve: The Subconscious Mind

Chapter Thirteen: The Brain

Chapter Fourteen: The Sixth Sense

Chapter Fifteen: How to Unwit the Six Ghosts of Fear (Can't wait)

The Secret?
    ----------------------------
    Catch us LIVE every Tuesday talking KTC:
    on The Pulse Network
    Find me most quickly: @JoeSorge
    Drop me an E-mail: Joe@Bteam.co

megcolombo
    • View Profile
    • View Forum Posts
    • Private Message
    BA Member

Chapter 15

Can't wait, Joe. Can't wait!

JoeSorge
    I'm here to push you!
    Chapter Twelve: The Subconscious Mind

If you didn't already believe that the subconscious mind was the connection between your desires and your actions, you will after reading this chapter.
    And while I personally still have some problems with the concept of auto-suggestion, I can see the link between the two for sure.

The real focus of this chapter is the transmutation of thought into action via the subconscious, I think I'm starting to see a pattern here.
    A secret maybe?

Chapter Thirteen - The Brain

It's scary how little is still known about the brain. Granted we've made HUGE advances since the writing of this book in 1937, but still
    we've got so much more to learn about how to best use this machine that our body carries around. It's funny, I hadn't thought about
    my own body as a vessel for my brain much, but this make good sense. It also helps me further believe in the Tim Sanders concept
    of "feeding your mind well".

The radio analogy and explanation really hit home for me as far as giving me a better understanding of our brains as a "broadcasting" station.
    It's a difficult concept to fully buy into, but the author does a really convincing job of presenting evidence here. Don't you think?
    on The Pulse Network

JoeSorge
    I'm here to push you!
    Chapter Fourteen: The Sixth Sense

This chapter is about the moments that brilliance strikes you. You know, "hunches" or even "inspirations"
    A statement near the very beginning of this chapter does so well to some up much of this book:
    Through the aid of the sixth sense, you will be warned of impending dangers in time to avoid them, and notified of opportunities in time to embrace them.
    There comes to your aid, and to do your bidding, with the development of the sixth sense, a "guardian angel" who will open to you at all times the door to the Temple of Wisdom.
    And in reading this final chapter in the 13 steps I do believe that the "hunch" I've had about the secret is true, here's my interpretation:

Whatever your mind desires and your creative brain can conceive of can in fact be achieved.
    It is through thought that you can be rich.

Chapter Fifteen: How to unwit the Six Ghosts of Fear

This chapter was of particular interest to me as fear plays a part in my life quite regularly.
    I have a post-it note at my desk that says something to the effect of "in fear you cannot be creative", so I'm always
    battling against fear to be able to do my best work.

For discussion:

THE SIX BASIC FEARS
    There are six basic fears, with some combination of which every human suffers at one time or another.

Most people are fortunate if they do not suffer from the entire six. Named in the order of their most common appearance, they are:-
    The fear of poverty, criticism, ill health, loss of love, old age, and death.

All other fears are of minor importance, they can be grouped under these six headings.
    There is also a seventh fear: Susceptibility to Negative Influences - one of the most difficult and yet, the easiest fear to overcome.

Following the list is a nearly 60 question self analysis, it's very very powerful. I'd recommend that you go back and read the list again and
    put yourself to this test.
    on The Pulse Network

JoeSorge
    I'm here to push you!
    I quite enjoyed this book in the end, but to be honest there were a few times I found myself rolling my eyes and wanting to stop reading.
    When that happened I would stop, wait a couple days, let the ideas roll around in my brain and sure enough I'd be motivated to start again.

This is NOT a fast read, nor is it a light read. But I can assure you that if you read the whole book once, you'll pick the book up again
    many times in your life for a brain refresh.

I also had the benefit of reading a couple other books at the same time as this one, most notably "The Happiness Advantage and Today we are Rich"
    They went well with this line of thinking and I'd recommend the simultaneous reading project to anyone who is searching for a more clear direction in their life.

Thanks so much for following along.
    on The Pulse Network

+ Reply to Thread